260 calories | 40g carbs | 8g fat (2g sat fat) | 11g protein | 310mg sodium | 8g fiber | 1g sugar per serving
Serves 5 for $5.30
- 1 ½ cups whole wheat flour (or substitute corn flour)
- ½ to ¾ cups water
- 1 cup chopped acorn squash.
- 4 oz sliced mushrooms
- ½ can black beans, no sodium, drained and rinsed
- 1½ tablespoons oil
- ½ lb chopped collard greens
- 5 tablespoons ricotta cheese
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon garlic salt
- Combine water and flour to make a dough. Adjust the water and flour content as needed so that it is not sticky. Do not kneed. Lightly oil hands and shape the dough into 5 evenly shaped balls, then flatten into thin discs, and set aside.
- Saute the chopped acorn squash with ¾ tablespoon of oil, then mash once softened.
- Saute the mushroom with a ¾ teaspoon of salt and ½ tablespoon oil.
- Cook the black beans on a pan and add ¼ teaspoon salt.
- Layer 1½ tablespoons of each prepared ingredient onto the middle of the flattened round. Add 1 tablespoon of ricotta cheese on top. Add any other spices desired.
- Fold the dough over the ingredients and shape into a small round. Then flatted the round into a disc, making sure the dough has covered the ingredients on all sides, in a thin, even layer.
- Cook on a lightly oiled griddle or non-stick pan for 2-3 minutes on each side, or until heated all the way through. Serve immediately.
Serve with the CAFB Quick Pickled Vegetable recipe or Curtido.