Directions for Cars
Directions for Commercial Trucks
This route minimizes city traffic, allows for wider turns, avoids overpasses, and narrow or restricted roads. The District of Columbia no longer has a non-emergency telephone number so all calls for assistance should go to 911 where the dispatcher will be able to help. Overnight parking is not available anywhere near our facility.
- From I-270 take I-495 East.
- From I-495, take exit 28B onto New Hampshire Avenue South towards Washington.
- In about 4.7 miles take a slight left onto North Capital Street.
- In 1 mile turn left onto Fort Drive/Harewood Road.
- After passing the stop sign, continue on Taylor Street.
- Cross over the bridge and at the traffic signal at the end of the bridge, make a sharp left onto Puerto Rico Avenue.
- In about .3 miles bear left at the food bank sign (off of Puerto Rico Avenue) and follow the access road uphill to the Capital Area Food Bank warehouse.
- Follow signs that direct you to receiving.
- Park your truck on the left near the railroad tracks. Enter the door marked RECIEVING, and the receiver will give you your door assignment.
Please have a safe trip. Thank you for your help!