11 calories | 3g carbs | 0g fat (0g sat fat) | 0g protein | 354mg sodium | 0g fiber | 2g total sugars (0g added sugar) per serving
Serves 10, Cost varies
- 1 cup water
- ½ cup apple cider vinegar (or other vinegar)
- 1 tablespoon sugar (or honey)
- 1 ½ teaspoon salt
- Enough vegetables to fill a 26 ounce jar (can use a cleaned 26 ounce peanut butter jar or 2 jam jars)
- Can choose thinly chopped carrots (shredded or peeled), onions, beets, cabbage, cucumbers, jalapenos, or radishes.
- Whisk apple cider vinegar, sugar, salt, and 1 cup of water in a bowl until sugar and salt are dissolved.
- Place vegetables in a jar and pour vinegar mixture over the vegetables.
- Add any add-ins (see below).
- Let sit at room temperature for 1 hour.
- Cover and chill. Drain before using on sandwiches, salads, or any other meal.
Fresh or dried herbs, red pepper flakes, or fresh chopped garlic.
Add to sandwiches, tacos, burritos, burgers, salads, cold pasta salads, or stir fries
Sore in the fridge for up to one month