156 calories | 30g carbs | 2g fat (1g sat fat) | 5g protein | 59mg sodium | 3g fiber | 20g total sugars (0g added sugar) per serving
Serves 2, cost varies
- 1 cup milk of your choice, unsweetened tea or coconut water
- 1 cup fresh/frozen chopped fruit (or combination of fruit)
- 1 banana
- 2 cups ice (if fruit is not frozen)
- Optional: ½ cup plain, Greek yogurt for extra protein
- Optional: Add one of the following flavor boosters: vanilla extract, cinnamon, turmeric, ginger, nutmeg, cardamom, cocoa powder, fresh mint.
- Pour milk into a blender
- Add frozen fruit, banana, yogurt and ice.
- Blend until smooth.
- Adjust to taste by adding a splash more milk if too thick, more frozen fruit if too thin or sprinkle of flavor boosting spice if desired and blend again.
Choose 1-3 fruits
Strawberry, raspberry, blueberry, blackberry, apple, grapes, peach, pear, nectarine, apricot, kiwi, cantaloupe, honeydew melon, papaya, pineapple.
- Tropical: add mango and pineapple
- Anti-inflammatory: add fresh ginger and turmeric to a mango-carrot-orange.
- Go green: add kale/spinach, pineapple, strawberry and chopped dates.