219 calories | 31g carbs | 6g fat (1g sat fat) | 10g protein | 224mg sodium | 7g fiber | 3g total sugars (0g added sugar) per serving
Serves 4 for $7.53
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 (15oz) can unsalted black beans, drained and rinsed
- ½ cup canned unsalted corn
- ½ cup onion, finely chopped
- 1 egg (and 1tsp flour if needed)
- ½ cup breadcrumbs
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- Optional: 1 teaspoon cumin, garlic powder, or chili powder
- Place black beans into a large bowl. Use a fork to mash the beans well.
- Add the onion, corn, egg, breadcrumbs, salt, pepper, and optional spices to the bowl with the black beans. Stir to combine.
- Divide the mixture into 4 equal portions and shape into round patties using your hands, packing the mixture tightly.
- Heat a pan over medium-low heat and add the oil.
- Place patties onto pan and cook for about 5 minutes before flipping. Cook the other side for about 5 minutes, or until the patties are browned and cooked through.