By Oscar • January 8, 2022
- Nicoise salad: Add can of tuna, hard-boiled egg, canned green beans (rinsed), sliced tomato, olives or capers (optional), boiled potato (cooled), salad greens, CAFB Salad Dressing + lemon juice (optional).
- Classic Tuna Salad: Combine mayonnaise, dijon mustard, lemon juice, black pepper, diced red onion (green or white onion work too), and diced celery together, season to taste.
- Make it a Melt: Toast Classic Tuna Salad of CAFB’s White bean & Tuna Salad recipe on your choice of bread and melt a slice of cheese, and a slice of tomato (optional).
- Spring Pasta Salad: Mix your favorite pasta (reserve the cooked pasta water), peas, diced red or green onion, dice hardboiled egg, dressing (combine mayonnaise, dijon or whole grain mustard, splash of olive oil, some black pepper and dash of alt). Then mix in pasta water to cover the entire salad.
- Protein Toast/Cracker: Keep it simple and enjoy tuna with a squeeze of lemon, salt and pepper to taste, on toasted bread, crackers, or lettuce wraps.
- Wrap It Up: Take any of the tuna options listed on this card and wrap in a whole wheat tortilla. Making wraps can be great for meals on-the-go or just a new take on an old recipe.
- Fish tacos: Add lime juice to tune, with diced tomatoes, diced onion, chopped fresh cilantro, and any combination of these other fillings: sliced radish, corn (fresh, frozen, or canned), chopped lettuce, shredded cheese, and/or rice to a whole wheat tortilla.
Download the 7 Ways to use Tuna