- Roasted: Cut turnips into bite sized pieces, drizzle oil, and put in the oven at 400F until tender.
- Mashed: Boil 3 medium turnips for 15-20 minutes or until tender, then mash. Add 1/2 cup milk, 1 tbs of butter, and salt to taste.
- Turnip, Apple, and Carrot Salad: Peel and grate 3 medium turnips, 3 medium carrots, 1 large apple and one small chopped onion. In a small bowl whisk 1 tbs lemon juice, 1 tbs apple cider vinegar, 1 tsp sugar, salt and pepper to taste. Once whisked, combine with grated vegetables and serve.
- Add roasted turning to any vegetable soup.
- Substitute for any potato or root vegetable dish.
- Turnip fries: Slice turnip into strips, drizzle in oil and seasoning, bake at 400F and flip every 10 minutes until crispy.
- Pickle Turnips: Try the CAFB quick pickle recipe.
- You can also eat the leaves of the turnips: Cook like collard greens or add to soups.
Download the 7 Ways to use Turnips