- Nut Butter Oatmeal Balls: combine 1 cup of oats, 1/3 cup of chopped nuts (optional), 1/3 cup of nut butter, 2 tablespoons of honey, and 1/3 cup of raisins, cranberries or blueberries. Once mixed, roll into balls and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
- Do-It-Yourself Trail Mix: combine your favorite nuts, seeds, and dried fruits for a convenient snack.
- Add to cold cereals, oatmeal or other hot grain cereals.
- Add to plain yogurt, green salads, rice/grain dishes.
- Raisins or dried cranberries are a tasty addition to chicken salad. Try adding raisins next time you make CAFB’s Curried Chicken Salad.
- Eat plain for a sweet snack or substitute for a sugary dessert.
- Use any kind of dried fruit in the CAFB Homemade Granola Recipe.
- 1/4 cup of dried fruit counts as a 1/2 cup serving of fruit.
- Rehydrate dried fruit in warm water for about 15 minutes before adding them to baked goods, grain dishes or sauces.
Download the 7 Ways to use Dried Fruit