- Substitute applesauce for oil in baking recipes using a one to one ratio (example 1/2 cup of oil = 1/2 cup of applesauce).
- Stir roasted nuts into applesauce.
- Use on waffles, pancakes or French toast, instead of syrup.
- Eat plain as a snack or heat up on the stove and add cinnamon.
- Spread on top of peanut butter toast, or instead of jelly on a peanut butter sandwich.
- Frozen applesauce slush dessert: Freeze apple sauce and a splash of lemon juice and place in the freezer until frozen. Scrape and serve.
- Applesauce overnight oaths: Combine 1/2 cup of oats, 1/2 cup of milk, 1/2 cup of apple sauce, a pinch of salt and a sprinkle of cinnamon and let sit overnight in the refrigerator.
Applesauce can be used as a sweetener for plain yogurt, cottage cheese, and hot cereals like oatmeal and cream of wheat.