197 calories | 5g carbs | 13g fat (4g sat fat) | 15g protein | 440mg sodium | 1g fiber | 3g total sugars (0g added sugar) per serving
Serves 4 for $4.75
- 8 eggs, lightly beaten
- ½ bunch kale, chopped
- 8 ounces mushrooms, sliced
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon oil
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- Heat the oil over medium heat in a saucepan.
- Add onion and cook until it begins to brown, about 5 minutes.
- Add in the chopped kale and mushrooms and allow to cook until the kale is tender and the moisture from the mushrooms cooks off, about 7 minutes.
- Add the eggs to the pan, lower the heat, and cook, stirring occasionally.
- As the eggs set, fold over and continue cooking, about 10 minutes, or until fully cooked.
- Serve over toast or in a tortilla with salsa.
Reduce Food Waste
The stems of kale leaves are edible too. Stretch your food dollars, cut down on waste, and save time by using the entire leaf.
Instead of kale, you can use fresh, canned, or frozen Swiss chard, rainbow chard, collard, mustard, turnip or radish greens.