320 calories | 27g carbs | 9g fat (0.5g sat fat) | 33g protein |320mg sodium | 5g fiber per serving
Serves 4 for $5.10
- 1 can no-salt-added white beans (15-oz.)\
- 1 lb. ground turkey
- 1 small onion
- ½ cup barbecue sauce
- 2 Tbs. canola oil
- 8 small green or red leaf lettuce leaves
- Drain and rinse beans.
- In a large bowl, lightly mash beans with a fork.
- Grate onion on a box grater.
- Mix together the turkey, onion, barbecue sauce and beans.
- Form into 8 small burgers.
- In a large, non-stick pan, heat 2 Tbs. oil over medium heat.
- Fry the burgers in two batches until well browned on both sides, about 5 minutes per side.
- Serve the burgers on the lettuce leaves. Fold lettuce around the burger.
- Add extra barbecue sauce on top for more flavor.
Mix it Up:
Try any white bean with this recipe
Pick Protein Rich:
Ground turkey is a lean, high source of protein, which helps give you energy throughout the day