155 calories | 30g carbs | 3g fat (1g sat fat) | 3g protein | 30mg sodium | 3g fiber | 16g total sugars (4g added sugar) per serving
Serves 6 for $6.00
This heart-healthy dessert is perfect for the whole family.
- 6 corn (or whole wheat) tortillas
- 1 (15-ounce) can crushed pineapple, drained
- 1 apple, cored and chopped
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon, divided
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons of honey
- Position oven racks in the middle and bottom position and preheat the oven to 425 °F.
- In a small bowl, combine the sugar and 1 teaspoon cinnamon.
- Stack the tortillas and cut into 8 triangles. Arrange tortilla triangles on two baking sheets, and bake 10 minutes until tortillas begin to brown. Flip, sprinkle with the cinnamon and sugar mixture, and bake 5 more minutes. The tortillas brown quickly at this point, careful not to burn.
- Meanwhile, in a bowl, combine the pineapple, apple, honey, and the remaining teaspoon cinnamon.
Kids in the Kitchen
With the help of an adult, the kids will have fun cutting the tortillas into triangles. Kids will also have fun stirring the dip together.