230 calories | 9g fat (2.5g sat fat) | 220mg sodium | 32g carbs | 5g fiber | 9g protein per serving
Serves 6 for $6.50
- 1 medium onion
- 1 small, yellow or green summer squash
- 1 green or red bell pepper
- ½ head of a cauliflower or broccoli
- 3 Tablespoons olive oil
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 2 cups uncooked, whole wheat pasta
- ½ cup Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Chop onion, squash, bell pepper, and cauliflower into bite size pieces.
- Mix vegetables with 2 Tablespoons of oil, salt, and pepper together in a bowl.
- Spread vegetables out onto a baking sheet so they do not overlap.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until starting to brown.
- While the vegetables are roasting, cook pasta by following instructions on the box.
- Drain pasta and put in serving bowl.
- When vegetables are finished, add to pasta with remaining 1 Tablespoon of olive oil and toss.
- Stir in grated parmesan and serve.
Good for You
Whole wheat pasta is high in fiber, vitamins, and minerals necessary for a healthy diet
Roast, steam, or sauté the other half of the cauliflower to use as a side dish for another meal