230 calories | 35g carbs | 8g fat (1g sat fat) | 7g protein | 123mg sodium | 6g fiber | 5g total sugars (0g added sugar) per serving
Serves 6 for $7.50
- 2 cups uncooked, whole wheat pasta
- ½ head of a cauliflower or broccoli
- 1 small, yellow or green summer squash
- 1 green or red bell pepper
- 1 medium onion
- 1 clove garlic
- ½ cup Parmesan cheese
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Chop onion, squash, bell pepper, and cauliflower into bite size pieces. Chop garlic into very small pieces. Mix vegetables and garlic with 2 tablespoons of oil, salt, and pepper together in a bowl. Spread vegetables out onto a baking sheet so they do not overlap.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until starting to brown. While the vegetables are roasting, cook pasta by following instructions on the box. Drain pasta and put in serving bowl.
- When vegetables are finished, add to pasta with remaining 1 Tablespoon of olive oil and toss. Stir in grated parmesan if desired and serve.
Read the Labels
Make at least half your grains whole. To make sure a grain product is made of whole grains, check that the first ingredient in the ingredients list says “whole.”