Food From the Bar is the legal community’s response to hunger in the Washington, D.C., metropolitan region.
From May 1–31, 2023, law firms & legal professionals will compete to win the most points supporting the Capital Area Food Bank.
Each dollar donated not only earns points for your team, it provides two meals for someone in need!
In 2023, almost 40 legal firms helped raise more than $590,000 through Food From The Bar DC, providing more than a million meals to children and families.
Join us for our 2023 Kickoff Lunch: Tuesday, March 21, from 1 p.m. – 2 p.m. at DLA Piper.
Thank you to the Food From The Bar DC Committee:
- Co-Chair, Andrew Cook, K&L Gates LLP, Partner
- Co-Chair, Kelly Fisher, District of Columbia Water and Sewer Authority, Assistant General Counsel
- Candace Beck, Tanenholz & Associates PLLC, Counsel & Director of Client Relationships
- Amy Carbins, DLA Piper, Partner
- Karen Creel, Sidley Austin LLC, Senior Business Development and Marketing Manager
- Rhae Foreman, Reed Smith LLP, Executive Assistant
- Danielle Hagen, Nahigian Strategies, EVP, Communications
- Mary E Jobe, MissionSquare Retirement, Counsel
- Scott Johnson, Akin Gump Strauss Hauer & Feld LLC, Senior Counsel
- Martha K. Louks, McDermott Will & Emery, Director of Technology Services
- John E. McCarthy Jr., Crowell & Moring LLP, Partner
- Matthew Modell, Shearman & Sterling LLP, Counsel
- Jeffrey Newman, Thompson Coburn LLP, Partner
- Annamaria Steward, The National Black Lawyers Top 100, Executive Director