Food From the Bar is the legal community’s response to hunger in the Washington, DC metropolitan region.
From May 1–31, 2022, law firms & legal professionals will compete to win the most points supporting the Capital Area Food Bank.
Each dollar donated not only earns points for your team, it provides 2 meals for someone in need!
In 2021, almost 40 legal firms helped raise more than $670,000 through Food From The Bar DC, providing over a million meals to children and families.
Join us on Zoom for our 2022 Kickoff Event, March 9, 1:oo–2:00 p.m.
Thank you to the Food From The Bar DC Committee.
- Co-Chair, Andrew Cook, K&L Gates, Partner
- Co-Chair, Kelly Fisher, Office of Government and Legal Affairs District of Columbia Water and Sewer Authority, Assistant General Counsel
- Candace Beck, Tanenholz & Associates, Counsel & Director of Client Relationships
- Amy Carbins, DLA Piper, Partner
- Karen Creel, Sidley Austin, Senior Business Development and Marketing Manager
- Danielle Hagen, Nahigian Strategies, Senior Vice President
- Mary E Jobe, U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission, Law Clerk
- Scott Johnson, Akin Gump Strauss Hauer & Feld, Senior Counsel
- Martha K. Louks, McDermott Will & Emery, Director of Technology Services
- John E. McCarthy, Jr., Crowell & Moring, Partner
- Matthew Modell, Shearman & Sterling, Counsel
- Jeffrey Newman, Thompson Coburn, Partner
- Diane Shrewsbury, Crowell & Moring, Counsel
- Annamaria Steward, The National Black Lawyers Top 100, Executive Director