80 calories | 13g carbs | 3g fat (0g sat fat) | 2g protein | 460mg sodium | 4g fiber | 8g sugar per serving
Serves 6 for $9.50
- 4 cups beets (peeled and shredded), ~5 small beets
- 1 red onion minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ¼ cup freshly squeezed orange juice
- 1 tablespoon orange zest
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- TO MAKE DRESSING: In a small bowl combine orange juice, orange zest, olive oil, cumin, and salt. Stir well and set aside.
- In a large bowl, add shredded beets, fresh mint, fresh cilantro, minced onions, and dressing and toss until everything is combined. Enjoy!
- Use as a topping for a green leafy salad, add to sandwiches and burgers, or use as a side dish for lunch or dinner.
- For a chunky salad, chop the beets instead of shredding.