170calories | 27g carbs | 5g fat (1g sat fat) | 8g protein | 330mg sodium | 9g fiber | 8g sugar per serving
Serves 4 for $6.57
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 onion diced
- ½ tablespoon ginger, grated or powdered
- ½ tablespoon garlic, minced or powdered
- 1 can (15oz) red kidney beans
- 1 can (15oz) crushed tomatoes
- ½ tablespoon cumin
- 1 tablespoon garam masala
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes (optional)
- Cilantro (optional)
- Add oil, onions, ginger, and garlic to a large pan until cooked through.
- Add kidney beans, tomatoes, cumin, garam masala, and red pepper flakes (optional) and cook for about 5 minutes or until heated throughout.
- Plate and add cilantro for a flavorful topping
- Serve over brown rice.
- Garam Masala is a traditional Indian spice that is a blend of various ground spices.