40 calories | 1g carbs | 2g fat (1g sat fat) | 3g protein | 133mg sodium | 0g fiber | 0g total sugars (0g added sugar) per serving
Serves 12 for $3.24
- Non-stick oil spray
- ¼ cup chopped onions
- ½ cup chopped bell peppers
- ½ cup chopped tomatoes
- 6 eggs
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- Optional: your favorite veggie (broccoli, kale, spinach, mushrooms, zucchinni, etc)
- Preheat oven to 350F
- Generously coat a 12-cup muffin tin with oil spray or line with paper liners
- In a large bowl, whisk together eggs, salt and pepper
- Add veggies to egg mixture and stir to combine
- Fill each muffin cup until ¾ full.
- Bake for about 25 minutes or until eggs are set. Allow to rest for at least 5-10 minutes before serving.
Store egg muffins in an airtight container or Ziploc bag in the refrigerator for up to 3 days or individually wrap and freeze for up to 3 months.