181 calories | 17g carbs | 11g fat (1g sat fat) | 5g protein | 271mg sodium | 5g fiber | 3g total sugars (0g added sugar) per serving
Serves 6 for $3.33
- 15-oz can chickpeas/garbanzo beans, drained (save the liquid)
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic
- Juice of 1 whole lemon or 2 tablespo0ns lemon juice concentrate
- 4 tablespoons of tahini (optional)
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Chickpea liquid from can (optional)
- Strain liquid form canned chickpeas into a bowl and set aside.
- Rinse the chickpeas
- Place warm chickpeas in food processor/blender or mash by hand.
- Add remaining ingredients (olive oil, garlic, lemon juice, tahini) and continue to blend or mast. Use reserved chickpea liquid as needed for desired consistency. Add the salt.
- Allow the hummus to chill for about an hour, serve with fresh vegetables.
Optional Add Ins
Spices, canned or roasted vegetables, fresh herbs, jalapeño peppers.
Mix 2-4 tablespoons of liquid into the tahini.