- Combine with salsa and 1 can black or pinto beans, rinsed and drained. Enjoy as a grain bowl topped with avocado and chopped lettuce, or fill a flour tortilla for a burrito.
- Heat a large skillet with 2 tablespoons oil. Add 3 cups brown rice and allow to cook 10 minutes without stirring. A crunchy crust will begin to form. Crack 4 eggs on top, cover, and allow the eggs to set, about 10 minutes. Sprinkle cilantro and hot sauce on top.
- Mix into ground meat with spices and chopped onion and form meatloaf or meatballs.
- Enjoy as a hot cereal. Combine ½ cup cooked brown rice with ¼ cup oats, milk, dried fruit, cinnamon, and a little sweetener. Microwave for 1 minute. Adjust seasonings and add more milk for desired creaminess and flavor.
- Combine with cooked mushrooms, onions, raisins, and dried herbs for a savory side dish.
- Scramble 2 eggs, add 1 cup rice, leftover cooked veggies, chopped scallions, and a little soy sauce for a quick stir fry.
- Toss into soups or chili for a satisfying filler.
How to Cook Brown Rice
- Cook brown rice like pasta!
- Fill a medium saucepan with water ¾ to the top and bring to a boil over high heat.
- Add 1 ½ cups rice, lower the heat slightly, and allow to slowly boil 20 minutes.
- Drain the water in a colander, return rice to the pan, and cover for 10 more minutes.
- Rice will be tender on the inside and chewy on the outside.
- Rice Cooker: add 1 cup of brown rice to 1 cup of water. Set rice cooker to cook. This should yield 1½ to 2 cups of cooked rice.
Download the 7 Ways to Use Brown Rice
Descargar en español