119 calories | 14g carbs | 7g fat (1g sat fat) | 2g protein | 114mg sodium | 2g fiber | 2g total sugars (0g added sugar) per serving
Serves 6 for $4.48
This vegetarian, heart-healthy recipe is the perfect side dish.
- 1 pound boiling potatoes, Yukon Gold or red
- 4 scallions, thinly sliced
- ¼ cup chopped fresh parsley leaves, cilantro, mint, or dill
- ¼ cup fresh lemon juice, or 4-5 tablespoons from concentrate
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- Place the potatoes in a medium pot, and cover with cold water. Bring to a boil over high heat and cook until tender, 20 to 25 minutes. Drain and cover with cold water. Let cool for 10 minutes, then drain again. Cut the cooled potatoes into 1/2-inch pieces.
- Whisk the lemon juice, oil, salt, and pepper in a large bowl. Add the potatoes and toss to coat. Add scallions and parsley to the salad, and toss to mix well.
Keep potatoes in a dark area and separated from onions and garlic to maximize their shelf life.
For different flavors, substitute cilantro, mint, or dill for parsley. Use dried oregano or dill when fresh herbs are not available.
Reduce Food Waste
When using fresh, soft herbs such as cilantro or parsley, do not waste the stems! These stems have the same flavors as the leaves with added crunch. Stretch your food dollars by using the entire plant.