350 calories | 54g carbs | 9g total fat (1g sat fat) | 14g protein |360g sodium | 10g fiber per serving
Serves 4 for $5.10
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- 1 cup orange juice
- 2 (15-ounce) cans no-salt-added diced tomatoes
- 2 (15-ounce) cans no-salt-added chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 3 cups cooked rice
- Heat oil over medium-low heat in a large pan that has a lid. When the oil is hot, add the garlic, red pepper flakes, and thyme.
- Cook and stir for 1 minute, being careful not to burn the garlic.
- Increase the heat to medium-high. Add the orange juice, tomatoes, and chickpeas; bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer until the stew thickens a bit, about 10 minutes.
- Season with salt. Serve with the rice.
Good for You:
Chickpeas are high in protein and fiber