510 calories | 53g carbs | 16g fat (4g sat fat) | 42g protein | 580mg sodium | 9g fiber per serving
Serves 4 for $10
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ¾ pound boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- 5 cloves garlic, minced ¼ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes 8 ounces whole wheat fusilli or rotini 4 cups (2, 15-ounce cans) low-sodium chicken broth 1 pound broccoli crowns, rinsed, cut into small florets ½ cup grated Parmesan cheese ½ teaspoon salt ¼ teaspoon pepper
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. When the oil is hot, put the chicken in the pan, and cook 4 minutes. Flip the chicken, and cook another 4 minutes. Turn off the heat, transfer the chicken to a cutting board, cut it into 1-inch strips, and set aside.
- Heat the skillet over low heat, add the garlic and pepper flakes to the pan, and cook 30 seconds. Be careful not to burn the garlic. Add the pasta and the broth, increase the heat to medium-high, and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and cook, stirring frequently, the liquid thickens, about 12 minutes.
- Stir in the broccoli and chicken, and gently simmer until broccoli is tender, about 5 more minutes. Sprinkle the Parmesan cheese on top, and season with salt and pepper.
Roast, steam, or sauté any remaining broccoli to use as a side dish for another meal
Good For You:
Whole wheat pasta is high in fiber, vitamins and minerals necessary for a healthy diet