190 calories | 13g carbs | 11g fat (3g sat fat) | 10g protein | 300mg sodium | 4g fiber | 7g sugar per serving
Serves 6 for $5.08
- 1 (28 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 4 eggss
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 bell pepper, diced
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 teaspoon of cumin
- 1 teaspoon of paprika
- ½ teaspoon of salt
- ¼ teaspoon of pepper
- Optional: ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper or ½ teaspoon of Cajun spice
- Add chopped onions, peppers, and garlic to a heated oil in a large pan over medium heat, stirring occasionally until soft.
- Add in tomatoes and spices and bring to a simmer for 5 minutes until the tomatoes are very tender (or cook to desired texture).
- Form wells in the sauce and break eggs directly into the wells.
- Cover for 5-10 minutes depending on how runny you like your eggs. Make sure that all the egg whites have formed. Serve warm.
Eat with a spoon, with a while wheat pita, or serve over brown rice.
Optional Fresh Herbs:
Garnish with fresh cilantro or parsley.