390 calories | 14g carbs | 10g fat (5g sat fat) | 28g protein | 420mg sodium | 5g fiber per serving
Serves 4 for $7.26
- 2 tablespoons peanut oil, plus 1 teaspoon for tossing the chicken
- 3/4 pound chicken breasts
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups cabbage, shredded using the large holes of a box grater
- 3 carrots, shredded using the large holes of a box grater
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce, divided
- 3 tablespoons peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sugar or honey
- 1 teaspoon minced jalapeno pepper
- 12 Romaine lettuce leaves
- ½ cup chopped peanuts (optional)
- Heat 2 tablespoons oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat.
- Cook the chicken 4 minutes on one side and flip, cooking 3 minutes on the other side.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Set aside on a cutting board and allow to cool.
- Chop into small pieces and return to the pan.
- Add the cabbage and carrots, and toss with 1 teaspoon soy sauce and 1 teaspoon peanut oil.
- In a small bowl, combine the peanut butter, vinegar, the remaining 1 teaspoon soy sauce, sugar, jalapeno pepper, and about 4 tablespoons water.
- Stir until a smooth thin sauce forms. Add more water as needed.
- Arrange lettuce leaves on a plate and spoon 2 tablespoons chicken mixture on top of lettuce.
- Drizzle the peanut sauce and sprinkle the chopped peanuts on top.
Good Food Fast
Prepare the chicken and cabbage filling ahead of time and store in the fridge. Make the sauce and assemble the cups the day of for a quick dinner.
Waste Less Food
Shred a whole head of cabbage. Combine the extra cabbage with vinegar and a little sugar and store in the fridge. Use throughout the week in sandwiches, in tacos, or on top of salads.