191 calories | 28g carbs | 8g fat (1.1g sat fat) | 5g protein | 216mg sodium | 7g fiber per serving
Serves 8 for $2.62
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 sweet potato, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 (15-ounce) can low salt black beans, rinsed and drained
- ½ cup salsa
- 8 flour or corn tortillas
- 1 avocado, sliced
- Heat oil in a large non-stick skillet (that has a lid) over medium heat.
- When the oil is hot, add the onion and cook until it begins to brown, about 5 minutes.
- Add chili powder and stir in for 30 seconds. Add sweet potatoes with a little water, cover, and cook until tender, about 10 minutes.
- Mix in the black beans and salsa and warm through.
- Serve mixture on a tortilla and top with avocado.