176 calories | 25g carbs | 9.5g fat (1.6g sat fat) | 11g protein | 60mg sodium | 16g fiber per serving
Serves 4 for $3.75
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 large white onion chopped
- 2 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, minced
- ½ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1-teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 8 cups collards, stems removed and thinly sliced
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Salt and pepper
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet (with a lid). When oil is hot, add onions, and cook 5 minutes until translucent.
- Add garlic, ginger, crushed red pepper flakes, cumin, paprika and sauté for about 30 seconds, stirring constantly. Careful not to burn the spices.
- Add collards, lemon juice, and little water. Cover and cook 15 minutes until greens are tender. Add a little more water as needed. Add salt and pepper to taste.
Enjoy over rice or with flatbread