430 calories | 64g carbs | 17g total fat (9g sat fat) | 21g protein | 444mg sodium | 6g fiber per serving
Serves 4 for $3.50
- 1 1/2 cups brown rice
- 1 bunch kale, stems removed and finely chopped
- ¼ cup peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon peanut oil
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoons vinegar
- 1 teaspoon honey or sweetener
- ¼ teaspoon ground ginger
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne (optional)
- Fill a saucepan with water 2/3 to the top over high heat.
- Bring to a boil, add rice, and lower the heat to medium.
- Cook 20 minutes, drain off the water, return the rice to the saucepan, add the chopped kale and cover 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, whisk together the peanut butter, peanut oil, soy sauce, vinegar, honey, ginger and cayenne (if using).
- Add a little water to thin out the sauce.
- Divide the rice and kale mixture into 4 bowls.
- Drizzle the peanut sauce on top.
Kids in the Kitchen:
Tearing kale off the stems is a great task for kids
Peanut butter, peanut oil, soy sauce, vinegar, and ground ginger are ingredient staples for Asian inspired sauce. Keep these on hand for a quick flavorful sauce for stir fry or salads.