161 calories | 3g carbs | 3g fat (4g sat fat) | 5g protein | 256mg sodium | 1g fiber | 1g total sugars (0g added sugar) per serving
Serves 6 for $6.55
This low carb, no cook recipe can interchange any hardy green to make this delicious salad.
- 2 bunches kale, rinsed and dried
- ½ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 large cloves garlic, minced
- ¼ cup lemon juice (from 1 large lemon, or 2 tablespoons from concentrate)
- ⅓ cup olive oil
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- Tear the greens into bite-size pieces, and place in a large bowl.
- Add oil and salt. Firmly massage the oil into the leaves until the volume of greens is reduced by about half. The greens should look darker and shiny.
- Add the Parmesan, lemon juice, garlic, soy sauce, and pepper. Toss together.
Fresh vs Bottle Citrus
When a recipe calls for fresh lime or lemon juice, you can substitute the bottled concentrate version. The juice of one piece of fruit is roughly equal to 2 tablespoons of bottled juice.
Reduce Food Waste
The stems of kale leaves are edible too. Stretch your food dollars, cut down on waste, and save time by using the entire leaf.