400 calories | 59g carbs | 9g fat (1g sat fat) | 21g protein | 450mg sodium |7g fiber per serving
Serves 6 for $7.00
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 bell pepper, ribs and seeds removed, finely chopped
- 1 (15-ounce) can low-sodium kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 (5-ounce) cans pink salmon, drained
- 4 cups cooked brown rice
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- Heat 2 tablespoons oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- When the oil is hot, add the onions and peppers, and cook until veggies start to soften, about 7 minutes.
- Add the beans and salmon, and allow them to heat through, stirring occasionally.
- Fold in the brown rice, salt, and pepper.
Good for You:
Choose brown rice when cooking as it contains far more fiber and necessary nutrients and vitamins than white rice.
Spice it Up:
Add hot sauce or hot peppers to this dish for more flavor.