325 calories | 18g carbs | 17g fat (4g sat fat) | 25g protein | 549mg sodium | 2g fiber | 14g total sugars (0g added sugar) per serving
Serves 6 for $8.66
This no-cook recipe can be added to a whole wheat wrap or scooped up by whole wheat crackers.
- 2 (10-ounce) cans chicken, liquid reserved
- 2 medium carrots, shredded
- 1 mango, pit and skin removed, chopped (optional)
- 1 (15 ounce) can diced pineapple, drained and chopped into small chunks
- ⅓ cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon allspice (optional)
- ⅛ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- In a medium sized bowl, combine all the ingredients including 2-4 tablespoons of the liquid from the canned chicken.
- Allow to sit 15 minutes to an hour to allow the flavors to come together.
Kids in the Kitchen
Kids love to mix things together! This is a great recipe for them to help combine ingredients together.
Watch Your Sodium
Use no sodium spices or fresh herbs instead of salt. The recommended sodium intake is 2,300mg per day or less.
Make it a Meal!
Serve on crackers, whole grain bread, or green salad for a hearty and tasty meal.