210 calories | 9g carbs | 11g total fat (2g sat fat) | 18g protein |448mg sodium | 2g fiber | 5g total sugar (0g added sugar) per serving
Serves 4 for $4.02
This low-carb, heart-healthy recipe can be enjoyed in a sandwich or with whole wheat crackers.
- 1 (10-ounce) can chicken
- 1 carrot, peeled and shredded
- 1 small apple, cored and chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped red onion
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- ½ teaspoon curry powder
- In a large bowl, mix the mayonnaise with the curry powder.
- Add the chicken, and mix together.
- Stir in the carrots, apples and onions.
- Serve as a salad, as a topping on crackers, or in tortillas or lettuce leaves as a wrap.
Swaps and Add-Ins
Use ¼ cup chopped grapes or raising instead of the apple. Add sliced almonds or raisins for extra flavor.