260 calories | 26g carbs | 11g fat (2g sat fat) | 15g protein | 394mg sodium | 6g fiber | 3g total sugars (0g added sugar) per serving
Serves 4 for $3.65
This heart-healthy, no-cook recipe is the perfect lunch for under $4.00.
- 1 (5 ounce) can tuna packed in water
- 1 (15 ounce) can white beans
- 1 large carrot
- 1 celery heart with leaves
- ¼ cup red onion
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 3 tablespoons oil
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- Prepare you ingredients: drain the tuna, drain and rinse the beans, peel and grate the carrot, chop the celery heart, and dice the red onion.
- In a large bowl, whisk the mustard, red onion, vinegar, and oil.
- Toss tuna, beans, carrot, and celery with the dressing. Season with black pepper.
Once you have used the large stalks of celery, you will find the celery heart. It is the pale green, center of the bunch of celery that is often thrown away, but is great for salads.
You can use any type of white bean for this salad.
Make it A Meal
Add this dish to salad greens or cooked vegetables for a complete meal.
Choose foods such as tuna and beans because they are high in protein and contain healthy fats.