320 calories | 29g carbs | 13g fat (2g sat fat) | 20g protein | 350mg sodium | 9g fiber per serving
Serves 4 for $3.65
- 1 can tuna packed in water (5 oz.)
- 1 can no-salt-added white beans (15 oz.)
- 1 large carrot
- 1 celery heart with leaves
- ¼ cup red onion
- 2 Tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 3 Tablespoons olive oil
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- Prepare you ingredients: drain the tuna, drain and rinse the beans, peel and grate the carrot, chop the celery heart, and dice the red onion. In a large bowl, whisk the mustard, red onion, vinegar, and oil. Toss tuna, beans, carrot, and celery with the dressing. Season with ¼ teaspoon black pepper.
- Recipe Tips: Once you have used the large stalks of celery, you will find the celery heart. It is the pale green, center of the bunch of celery that is often thrown away, but is great for salads. You can use any type of white bean for this salad.
Make it A Meal:
Add this dish to salad greens or cooked vegetables for a complete meal
Choose foods such as tuna and beans because they are high in protein and contain healthy fats