142 calories | 21g carbs | 7g fat (1g sat fat) | 1g protein | 146mg sodium | 5g fiber per serving
Serves 4 for $2.44
- 1 acorn squash cut into 1⁄2-inch slices
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons sweetener
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 400o F.
- Cut center pulpy portion of acorn squash from each slice, removing pulp and seeds.
- Arrange acorn squash slices on rimmed sheet pan.
- Drizzle olive oil and sweetener over acorn squash slices. Sprinkle with brown sugar, salt and pepper.
- Roast until fork-tender and fragrant, about 25 minutes. Remove from oven and serve warm.
Waste Less Food
Wash the seeds removed from the squash and toast in the oven for 20 minutes or until the liquid cooks off and they are crunchy. Toss with a little salt and your favorite spices for a healthy snack.