260 calories | 41g carbs | 9g fat (3.5g sat fat) | 11g protein | 380mg sodium | 7g fiber per serving
Serves 8 for $6.55
- 8 whole wheat tortillas
- 2 cans low-sodium black beans (15 oz.)
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 can no-salt-added corn (15 oz.)
- 1 can no-salt-added diced tomatoes (15 oz.)
- 2 Tablespoons chili powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 2 Tablespoons canola oil
- Drain black beans, corn, and tomatoes. Rinse black beans and corn.
- In a large bowl, mash the beans with a fork or potato masher.
- Mix beans with tomatoes, cheese, corn, salt, pepper, and chili powder.
- Place ½ cup bean mixture on half of a tortilla.
- Fold tortilla to make a half-moon shape and pat down filling so it is evenly distributed.
- Repeat until all filling is used up.
- Heat oil in large skillet over medium high heat.
- Use ½ Tablespoon of oil per 2 quesadillas that you cook.
- In batches of 2, cook quesadillas until golden brown and flip to cook other side.
When cooking the quesadilla, make sure the tortilla is golden brown before you flip. This will ensure all ingredients have combined and do not spill out when you flip the quesadilla.
Black beans are a low-fat way to get protein throughout the day and keep your energy levels high
Keep it Natural:
Choose low-sodium or no-salt-added vegetables and beans to help reduce your daily sodium intake