300 calories | 13g carbs | 14g fat (12g sat fat) | 12g protein | 455mg sodium | 2g fiber per serving
Serves 6 for $6.91
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 onion, halved and sliced
- 1 green pepper, ribs and seeds removed, chopped
- 1 (15-ounce) can no salt added corn, drained and rinsed (or 1 ½ cups frozen or fresh)
- 8 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup shredded cheese
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees.
- Heat butter in a large oven-proof skillet over medium heat. When butter starts to foam, add onion and cook until soft and starting to brown, about 5 minutes.
- Add green pepper, and cook 5 more minutes. Mix in the corn and remove from heat. Meanwhile, in a large bowl, mix together the eggs, milk, cheese, chili powder salt, and pepper.
- Pour the egg mixture into the pan.
- Place in the oven and cook 40 minutes, until browned and puffy on top and the middle is set. Remove from the oven, allow to cool, and enjoy.