257 calories | 13g carbs | 17g fat (8g sat fat) | 14g protein | 512mg sodium | 2g fiber | 5g total sugars (0g added sugar) per serving
Serves 6 for $6.91
This diabetic friendly recipe is also kid-friendly.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 onion, halved and sliced
- 1 green pepper, ribs and seeds removed, chopped
- 1 (15-ounce) can no salt added corn, drained and rinsed (or 1 ½ cups frozen or fresh)
- 8 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup shredded cheese
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- Pre-heat oven to 400°F.
- Heat butter in a large oven-proof skillet over medium heat. When butter starts to foam, add onion and cook until soft and starting to brown, about 5 minutes.
- Add green pepper, and cook 5 more minutes. Mix in the corn and remove from heat. Meanwhile, in a large bowl, mix together the eggs, milk, cheese, chili powder, salt, and pepper.
- Pour the egg mixture into the pan. Place in the oven and cook 40 minutes, until browned and puffy on top and the middle is set. Remove from the oven, allow to cool, and enjoy.
Watch Your Sodium and Saturated Fat
Use no sodium spices or fresh herbs instead of salt. The recommended sodium intake is 2,300 mg per day or less. The recommended saturated fat intake is 20 grams or less. Read the nutrition labels.