207 calories | 21g carbs | 12g fat (1g sat fat) | 4g protein | 77mg sodium | 2g fiber | 11g sugar (11g added sugar) per serving
Serves 8 for $4.81
This heart-healthy recipe is perfect for a quick snack or easy dessert.
- 1 cup walnuts or pecans
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 325°F. Line a large baking sheet with foil; lightly oil the foil.
- Stir together the oil, sugar, corn syrup, cinnamon, and salt in a medium saucepan.Bring to a boil over high heat.
- Add the nuts and oats and cook, stirring continually, for 2 minutes. Spread the oats and nuts in a thin layer on the lined baking sheet, breaking up any large clumps.
- Bake, stirring once with a spatula halfway through baking, until golden brown, 12 to 15 minutes.
- Cool on the baking sheet on a rack for 15 minutes, then break into small clusters with your hands.
Oats are a versatile ingredient and a great staple to have on hand. Use in muffins, pancakes, cookies, and for a nourishing warm breakfast.