89 calories | 11g carbs | 4g fat (1g sat fat) | 6g protein | 414mg sodium | 4g fiber | 3g sugar (0 added sugar) per serving
Serves 8 for $6.70
This vegetarian, kid-friendly recipe is the tasty twist on a traditional fried rice.
- 1 (12-ounce bag) frozen peas and carrots mix
- 1 bunch green onions or scallions, chopped
- 2 eggs
- 1 head cauliflower, florets and stems, grated using large holes of a box grater
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon oil
- Heat oil in a large non-stick skillet. When oil is hot, add frozen peas and carrots until warmed through, about 2-3 minutes.
- Add the chopped green onions and sauté for one minute, then remove from heat.
- Set the vegetables aside, break both eggs into pan and scramble until cooked through, about 3 minutes.
- Combine with the vegetables. Stir in the grated cauliflower and soy sauce. Cover and cook until the cauliflower softens, about 3 minutes.
Waste Less Food
Since the cauliflower in this recipe is grated, stretch your food dollar by grating the stems too.
Mix it Up!
Get creative by switching out the peas and carrots with different combinations of any canned, fresh, or frozen vegetables.