381 calories | 5g carbs | 18g fat (4g sat fat) | 49g protein | 365mg sodium | 1g fiber | 1g total sugars (0g added sugar) per serving
Serves 20 for $20.50
- 10-12 pound turkey or whole chicken
- 3 stocks celery cut in half lengthwise
- 1 lemon, halved
- 1 onion, quartered
- 1 garlic head
- 1 bunch thyme
- 1 teaspoon salt
For the rub:
- ½ cup olive oil
- 1 bunch sage or rosemary, chopped
- 1 cup parsley, chopped
- Salt and pepper
- In a small bowl, mix the oil, chopped sage, chopped parsley and salt and pepper.
- Remove the giblets out of the turkey and wash the turkey inside and out. Remove any excess fat and leftover pinfeathers and pat the outside dry.
- Place the turkey in a large roasting pan. Liberally salt the inside of the cavity. Stuff the cavity with the bunch of thyme, halved lemon, quartered onion and garlic. Brush the outside of the turkey with the olive oil rub. Tie the legs together with string and tuck the wings under the body of the turkey.
- Pre-heat the oven to 350 degrees for 30 minutes.
- Roast the turkey about 2 ½ hours or until the juices run clear when you cut between the legs and thigh. Remove the turkey and cover with aluminum foil; let rest for 20 minutes.