312 calories | 0g carbs | 12g fat (6g sat fat) | 48g protein | 132mg sodium | 0g fiber per serving
Serves 8 for $3.84
- 10-12 pound turkey
- 1 bunch thyme
- 1 lemon, halved
- 1 onion, quartered
- 1 garlic head
- 3 stocks celery cut in half lengthwise
For the rub:
- ½ cup olive oil
- 1 bunch sage or rosemary, chopped
- 1 cup parsley, chopped
- Salt and pepper
- In a small bowl, mix the oil, chopped sage, chopped parsley and salt and pepper.
- Remove the giblets out of the turkey and wash the turkey inside and out.
- Remove any excess fat and leftover pinfeathers and pat the outside dry.
- Place the turkey in a large roasting pan.
- Liberally salt the inside of the cavity.
- Stuff the cavity with the bunch of thyme, halved lemon, quartered onion and garlic.
- Brush the outside of the turkey with the olive oil rub.
- Tie the legs together with string and tuck the wings under the body of the turkey.
- Pre-heat the oven to 350 degrees for 30 minutes.
- Roast the turkey about 2 ½ hours or until the juices run clear when you cut between the legs and thigh.
- Remove the turkey and cover with aluminum foil; let rest for 20 minutes.