32 calories | 0g carbs | 0g fat (0 sat fat) | 2g protein | 170mg sodium | 3g fiber | 4g sugar (0 added sugar) per serving
Serves 8 for $6.42
This heart-healthy coleslaw is perfect to top on your tacos or serve as a side dish.
- 1 small head of cabbage, cored and shredded, using the large holes of a box grater
- 1 carrot, shredded, using the large holes of a box grater
- 1 bunch of scallions, chopped, using the white and light green parts
- 1 bunch of fresh cilantro, finely chopped, stems included
- Juice of 2 limes, or 5 tablespoons lime juice concentrate
- Salt and pepper
- Combine all ingredients in large bowl and let sit, refrigerated, for at least one hour.
Enjoy in a taco: fold the coleslaw with cooked chicken breast and shredded cheese.
Reduce Food Waste
When using fresh, soft herbs such as cilantro or parsley, do not waste the stems! These stems have the same flavors as the leaves with added crunch. Stretch your food dollars by using the entire plant.