133 calories | 16g carbs | 7g fat (1g sat fat) | 5g protein | 322mg sodium | 6g fiber | 8g total sugars (0g added sugar) per serving
Serves 4 for $3.50
This low-carb, heart-healthy recipe is a delicious way to eat cabbage.
- 1 head cabbage, core removed, and cut into thin strips
- 4 strips low-sodium turkey bacon (optional)
- 1 small yellow onion, diced
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Salt & pepper to taste
- If adding turkey bacon, heat oil in large pan and add turkey strips. Brown on both side until slightly brown but not crispy. Remove bacon from pan.
- Cook onions in same pan until translucent. Add garlic and heat for approximately 1 minute.
- Add cabbage and cooked turkey bacon to pan and cook until cabbage is tender, about 25 minutes, stirring occasionally, until cabbage is tender and starting to brown. Add a little water if cabbage starts to burn.
Throw in some white beans or cooked ground turkey to add some protein.
Kitchen Skill Builder: Cutting Cabbage
Slice in half and then in quarters. Remove the core and thinly slice.