156 calories | 21g carbs | 7g fat (1.5g sat fat) | 6g protein | 161mg sodium | 6g fiber per serving
Serves 4 for $3.50
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 4 strips low-sodium turkey bacon
- 1 small yellow onion, diced
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 head cabbage, core removed, and cut into thin strips Salt & Pepper to taste
- Heat oil in large pan and add turkey strips.
- Brown on both side until slightly brown but not crispy.
- Remove bacon from pan.
- Sauté onions in same pan until translucent.
- Add garlic and heat for approximately 1 minute.
- Add cabbage and cooked turkey bacon to pan and cook until cabbage is tender, about 25 minutes, stirring occasionally, until cabbage is tender and starting to brown.
- Add a little water if cabbage starts to burn.
Add canned tomatoes and cooked ground turkey and enjoy over rice.
Cutting Cabbage – Slice in half and then in quarters. Remove the core and thinly slice.