137 calories | 7g carbs | 9g fat (2g sat fat) | 7g protein | 211mg sodium | 3g fiber | 4g total sugars (0g added sugar) per serving
Serves 4 for $4.66
This diabetes-friendly, heart-healthy recipe is delicious to add to toast.
- 1 medium eggplant, sliced into ¼-inch slices
- 4 hardboiled eggs, peeled and chopped
- 3 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 1 teaspoon vinegar
- 1 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees. Brush two baking pans with oil and arrange eggplant in rows. Roast 20 minutes, flip and cook 5-10 more minutes until browned.
- Allow to cool slightly, transfer to a cutting board and roughly chop.
- In a large bowl, combine the eggs, parsley, vinegar and salt. Add the eggplant and mix to combine.
Enjoy on top of toast or fill leafy lettuce and enjoy as roll ups or eat with whole wheat paste as a summer salad.
Kids in the Kitchen:
Peeling eggs is a great task for kids!