415 calories | 59g carbs | 9.5 g fat (3g sat fat) | 13g protein | 261mg sodium | 6g fiber per serving
Serves 4 for $2.94
- 1 ½ cups brown rice
- 2 tablespoons peanut oil
- 4 carrots, grated with a large box grater
- 6 eggs, beaten
- 1 bunch scallions, chopped, white and light green parts
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- Fill a saucepan 2/3 full and bring to a boil over high heat.
- Add the rice, lower to medium heat and allow to slowly boil for 20 minutes.
- Drain liquid, return rice to the pan, and allow to sit 10 minutes covered.
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat.
- Add carrots and allow to cook 2 minutes.
- Move carrots to one side of the pan.
- Pour eggs on the other side of the pan, turn down the heat and allow to cook 4 minutes until eggs set on the bottom side.
- Fold eggs over and allow to cook 3 more minutes until loosely set.
- Fold in scallions, soy sauce, and rice, and mix together until combined.
Good Food Fast:
Keep a batch of cooked brown rice in the fridge for the week and this recipe comes together in 20 minutes.
Freshen It Up:
Add 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, minced, to the pan of carrots for extra spice, and toss in 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro at the end of cooking.