115 calories | 9g carbs | 8g fat (1g sat fat) | 3g protein | 365sodium | 4g fiber | 13g total sugars (3g added sugar) per serving
Serves 4 for $3.75
- 8 slices whole wheat bread
- 4 eggs, beaten
- ½ cup canned pumpkin puree
- ¾ cup low fat milk or milk substitute
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 tablespoons oil, divided
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon nutmeg
- In a large bowl or 9×13 baking dish, combine the eggs, milk, pumpkin, vanilla, brown
sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg.
- Pre-heat a large non-stick skillet with 1 tablespoon oil over medium heat.
- Dip the slices of bread into the egg mixture to coat on both sides and transfer to the pan, allowing 3 slices to cook at a time. Cook 3-4 minutes until browned, flip, and cook 3 more minutes. Add the remaining oil or butter and repeat with remaining slices of bread.
Kids in the Kitchen:
Allow kids to cut their French toast into strips and dip into their favorites like yogurt, or a peanut butter honey combo.
Good Food Fast:
Breakfast for dinner is a fast way to get nourishing food on the table. This recipe takes about 20 minutes to prepare and toppings like fruit and nuts add nutrients.