380 calories | 41g carbs | 9g fat (1g sat fat) | 34g protein | 450mg sodium | 15g fiber per serving
Serves 6 for $8.43
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- ¼ cup tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons chili powder, plus more if needed
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 1 pound sweet potatoes, peeled and chopped into ½-inch chunks
- 1 (15-ounce) can no-salt-added kidney beans, with liquid
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- Heat canola oil in a large pot over medium heat. When oil is hot, add the onions, and sauté until lightly browned, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in the tomato paste, and cook for 2 minutes, stirring often.
- Add the chili powder, and give a few good stirs.
- Add the turkey; break it up into small pieces with a wooden spoon and cook about 10 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add 2 cups water, and bring to a boil.
- Add the sweet potatoes.
- Reduce the heat to low, cover, and simmer until potatoes are tender, 15 to 20 minutes.
- Stir in the beans with their liquid, and heat through.
- Add the salt.
- Taste and add more chili powder to taste. Mix well.
Make it a Meal:
Enjoy with brown rice.