300 calories | 25g carbs | 17g fat (3g sat fat) | 15g protein | 432mg sodium | 6g fiber | 10g total sugars (1g added sugar) per serving
Serves 6 for $7.40
This delicious recipe is a Food Bank Classic.
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 medium-sized onion, sliced
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- ¼ teaspoon ground ginger
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ cup peanut butter
- 3 large sweet potatoes, cut into cubes
- 1 (28-ounce) can unsalted diced tomatoes, with liquid
- 1 (15-ounce) can unsalted whole kernel corn, with liquid
- 1 (15-ounce) can unsalted black beans, with liquid
- Heat oil in large pot over medium heat.
- Add the onions and cook until tender, about 5 minutes. Add spices and stir.
- Add remaining ingredients and stir well. Cook to a boil, then reduce to low.
- Cover and cook 20-25 minutes, stirring occasionally, until sweet potatoes are tender.
Make It A Meal
Serve with brown rice.
Rinsing Canned Goods
Look for No Salt Added or Low Sodium canned goods, but when these options are not available, rinsing and draining canned produce can reduce the sodium levels by up to 40%.