280 calories | 43g carbs | 10g fat (1.3g sat fat) | 10g protein | 487mg sodium | 8g fiber per serving
Serves 6 for $6.40
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 medium-sized onion, sliced
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- ½ teaspoon ground ginger
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ cup peanut butter
- 3 large sweet potatoes, cubed
- 1 (28-ounce) can diced tomatoes, with liquid
- 1 (15-ounce) can whole kernel corn, with liquid
- 1 (15-ounce) can black beans or Great Northern beans, with liquid
- Heat oil in large pot over medium-high heat.
- Add onion and cook until tender, about 5 minutes. Add spices and stir until fragrant.
- Add remaining ingredients and stir well. Heat to boiling, then reduce to low.
- Cover and cook 20-25 minutes, stirring occasionally, until sweet potatoes are tender. Serve with brown rice.