353 calories | 86g carbs | 8g fat (3.6g sat fat) | 15g protein | 172mg sodium | 7g fiber per serving
Serves 2 for $2.81
- 1 cup old fashioned rolled oats
- 2 cups milk or milk substitute
- ½ cup cooked butternut squash
- 1 small apple, core removed and chopped
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- In a medium sized bowl or large jar combine the oats, milk and butternut squash.
- Cover and allow to sit overnight. The next morning, divide into bowls and top with apple, sugar and cinnamon.
Kids in the Kitchen:
Set up a breakfast bar with additional toppings like shredded coconut, raisins, chopped nuts, canned peaches chopped bananas, cocoa powder…the sky is the limit. Kids can add their own and put their own stamp on their morning breakfast.