210 calories | 13g fat (2.5g sat fat) | 280mg sodium | 4g carbs | 2g fiber | 21g protein per serving
Serves 4 for $ 7.00
- 1 can chicken (10 oz.)
- ½ jalapeño, optional
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes
- ½ cup cilantro
- 1 Tablespoon lime juice
- 3 Tablespoons mayonnaise
- 4 cups salad greens
- Prepare your ingredients: drain the chicken, remove seeds and mince the jalapeño, quarter the tomatoes, and finely chop the cilantro.
- In a medium bowl, mix the cilantro, lime juice, jalapeño, and mayonnaise.
- Toss the chicken in the bowl with the mayo mixture.
- Put greens on a plate, spoon on dressed chicken, and top with tomatoes.
- Serve this as a main course or make 4 servings for a side dish.
You can make this with roasted or sautéed chicken rather than canned. Add jalapeño for extra heat.
Eat Fresh Together
Make this as a great meal-size salad for your family
Grow Your Own
Grow cilantro on your windowsill to always have fresh herbs for added flavor