176 calories | 3g carbs | 3g fat (2g sat fat) | 17g protein | 257mg sodium | 1g fiber | 1g total sugars (1g added sugar) per serving
Serves 4 for $ 7.00
This no-cook, heart-healthy recipe is easy to make and delicious to taste.
- 1 can chicken (10 oz.), drained
- ½ jalapeño, remove seeds and mince (optional)
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, quartered
- ½ cup cilantro, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 4 cups salad greens
- In a medium bowl, mix the cilantro, lime juice, jalapeño, and mayonnaise.
- Toss the chicken in the bowl with the mayo mixture.
- Put greens on a plate, spoon on dressed chicken, and top with tomatoes. Serve this as a main course or make 4 servings for a side dish.
You can make this with roasted or sautéed chicken rather than canned. Add more jalapeño for extra heat.
Grow Your Own
Grow cilantro on your windowsill to always have fresh herbs for added flavor
Reduce Food Waste
When using fresh, soft herbs such as cilantro or parsley, do not waste the stems! These stems have the same flavors as the leaves with added crunch. Stretch your food dollars by using the entire plant.