150 calories | 19g carbs| 5g fiber | 7g total fat (1g sat fat) | 3g protein | 19g carbs|180mg sodium per serving
Serves 4 for $4.30
- ¼ cup raisins
- 1 cup hot water
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 pound collard greens, washed, stems removed, chopped
- 1 (15-ounce) can no-salt-added diced tomatoes, with juice
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Place the raisins and hot water in a small bowl, and let soak 5 minutes.
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- When the oil is hot, add the onions, and sauté 5 minutes.
- Stir in the red pepper flakes and black pepper.
- Add the greens, the tomatoes with the juice, and the raisins with the water.
- Simmer until the greens are tender, 10 to 15 minutes. Stir in the salt.