201 calories | 23g carbs | 11g fat (2g sat fat) | 5g protein | 179sodium | 8g fiber | 12g total sugars (0g added sugar) per serving
Serves 4 for $5.30
This heart-healthy, low-carb recipe is a delicious way to eat collard greens
- 1 pound collard greens, washed, stems removed, chopped
- 1 (15-ounce) can no-salt-added diced tomatoes, with juice
- ¼ cup raisins
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 cup hot water
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Place the raisins and hot water in a small bowl, and let soak 5 minutes.
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. When the oil is hot, add the onions, and sauté 5 minutes. Stir in the red pepper flakes and black pepper.
- Simmer until the greens are tender, 10 to 15 minutes. Stir in the salt. Add the greens, the tomatoes with the juice, and the raisins with the water.
Serve with whole wheat pasta and white beans.
Instead of kale, you can use fresh, canned, or frozen Swiss chard, rainbow chard, collard, mustard, turnip or radish greens.