464 calories | 25g carbs | 10g fat (4g sat fat) | 9g protein | 140mg sodium | 10g fiber per serving
Serves 6 for $11.06
- 6 corn tortillas
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 (15-ounce) cans low salt beans (black or pinto), rinsed, drained, and mashed
- 1 (15-ounce) can low salt corn, rinsed and well drained
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 1 avocado, pit and skin removed and chopped
- ¼ cup chopped cilantro
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Stack the tortillas and cut crosswise into 8 triangles. Arrange tortilla triangles on two baking sheets and bake 15 minutes until tortillas begin to brown. Flip, sprinkle with the cheese and corn, and bake 5 more minutes until the cheese is melted. They will crisp as they cool.
- Meanwhile, in a bowl, combine the beans, corn, tomatoes, avocado, cilantro, and chili powder. Top nachos with a spoonful of the bean mixture or enjoy as a dip.
Good Food Fast:
Prepare the bean dip ahead of time and store in the fridge. Prepare the tortilla chips the day of for a quick meal or snack.